“Certainly goodness and mercy will stay close to me all the days of my life,
And I will remain in the Lord’s house for days without end.”
This “little lamb” has seen and done a lot in my lifetime. More than I would have ever imagined. At the age of 3, I had known that Jesus was the only way to have my heart made clean. And I really wanted to have a clean heart. I wanted to see Jesus someday in Heaven, and live there with Him forever. I stepped into “the Lord’s house” where I have remained throughout my life.
Looking back at over 6 decades on this earth, this “little lamb” has experienced a lot:
- A lot of love
- A lot of sadness
- Being a “preacher’s kid” from 3 years old on
- Mother of 3 sons, grandmother of 12 “lambs”
- Being a pastor’s wife throughout adulthood
- Death of my husband
- Loss of the work we’d pioneered and led for 36 years together
- Interpreter for the Deaf career
- Outreach work in North Africa spanning 20+ years
- World traveler
Through all of it, the good, the bad, the joys and tragedies, I can truly say that “Goodness and mercy has stayed close to me all the days of my life.”
And when my days on this earth end, this lamb will fully step into and remain in the House of the Lord, forever!